Working in France During your Studies

Tuesday, 22 September 2009

The type of visa or residence permit that you will have as an AGS student allows you to work part-time and receive a salary in France during all the time of your studies at AGS. Many of our students take advantage of this possibility to supplement their finances while in France.

With this type of visa (Visa Long Séjour Valant Titre de Séjour Etudiant) or residence permit (Carte de Séjour Etudiant), you may work up to 964 hours a year, that is 60% of the legal work time for a full-time job in France. This can translate into approximately a half-time job during the school year and a full-time job during the summer or other breaks. You may also decide to use the authorized time by working full-time over shorter periods of time. If you wish to work more than this amount of hours, you may request a special authorization.

We regularly receive advertisements for this type of jobs, which we pass along to those interested. Typical student jobs that can be found in Paris include English tutoring for corporate organizations or language schools, baby-sitting, sales. Depending on your previous experience and degrees, you may also find positions that are more professionally relevant to international affairs.

Bookmark and Share

Contact Us

For any questions,
please email us at info@ags.edu
or use the form below.
We will respond within
the next 2 working days.


Omar Shamiya United States
School of International Relations
Class of 2011

quote leftIn addition to the many benefits of studying international relations in a highly specialized program, located in a dynamic city that fosters learning the discipline, my overall experience at AGS has been enhanced by an outstanding administrative staff that is diligent, professional and, above all, friendly. Their tireless efforts are key in making the experience of AGS students positive. I have done my best to thank them with good French desserts and bad American humor!quote right

©American Graduate School In Paris 2017 - All Rights Reserved. Etablissement Privé d'Enseignement Supérieur
Web Design by THAT Agency